Gone Again

Two and a half years at home. Two babies, three moves. Lots of schooling, some field time, several road trips and family time. Now it's time to start living like Kevin's actually in the Army.
He deployed last week and will be in Iraq for around 8 months. After such a long time at home, this will be quite an adjustment for me, and for Caleb. I'm sure Joshua's aware at some level, but he's got a small vocabulary, oohs and gahhs mostly, so who knows what he's thinking. What a great blessing it was to have Kevin around for the first 2 and a half months of Joshua's life. Despite the crazy move and vacationing with such a young babe, those months were really sweet. Kevin spent a lot of time caring for Caleb. He got to know Caleb's routine and habits so well that he started informing me how to take care of him. It was really sweet to see Kevin take over as number one in Caleb's life. Seeing that will make it easier to entrust the boys to their daddy when they someday realize that Mama is a girl and that they want to be with him rather than me. But for now, I'm it. I wake them, feed them, play with them, schlep them around to the mall and a million boutiques, teach them, potty them, bathe them and put them back to bed. This is my job. I plan on doing it well, but wow, it would be nice to have my helpmate here. Not to help me, but to guide me, to ground me, to remind me that this important work. I should stop or I'll start crying or something.
Michelle and Riley Post generously donated their time and camera and took some family pics before Kevin left. (No, I don't have a functioning camera. Yes, I am supposed to be a photographer. I'm like a plumber without a wrench. All crack and no seal.)
Thanks Post family for the fun photos.












Anonymous –   – (October 23, 2007 at 10:15 AM)  

you guys should win an award for cutest family of the year...

Paula  – (October 24, 2007 at 7:22 PM)  

Wish we lived near...love you.

JStar  – (October 24, 2007 at 10:47 PM)  

I'm sorry to hear that Kevin just left. :) My prayers will be with you, Kristen. I miss you!

TW  – (October 25, 2007 at 7:00 AM)  

You guys are so adorable. And remember, Kevin can still be your helpmate from afar. I know it is different, but just because he is physically not there does not mean his love and all you have together is gone. His heart is with you and the boys juut as yours is with him- You have amazing strength and I have faith in you. Please reach out to your friends if you need anything! We are here for you.

David Wolf  – (November 1, 2007 at 4:02 PM)  

Joshua's so cute. So is Caleb. He's all big and what not. The 4 of you look great. Try to keep your spirits up with Kevin away. Can't wait for Haloween postings. Wish I had more time to read farther in the blog, gotta get back to work.

Post a Comment