Days 118 through 130
Day 118, April 28
The boys attack their older and much-adored cousin Ashton after we watched his soccer game. (A little side story- During the game Joshua asked, "Can I go peepee on the ground?" I thought he said, "Can you put Evie on the ground?" I put her on the grass next to him and he proceeded to pee right there on the sideline, really close to E before I whisked her away. Everyone in the stands saw the whole thing. Oops. Glad I don't live in Germantown, sorry Amanda.


Day 119, April 29
It's so crazy how similar my older sister and I are. When i visited her last week I saw several things we bought independently that were the same. These twin makeup bags remind of when we were kids and Mom would buy us matching clothes, with her in pink and me in purple.
Day 120, April 30
Love seeing the boys play with their Dada. Should have grabbed my real camera, not the phone, but it was handy. I caught the moment before Joshua let go and the pole popped Kevin in the chin, hard.
Day 121, May 1
I like this shot because it shows the twins' moving. Gideon doing his typical on-the-knees back and forth rocking. Evelyn with the up-on-her-elbow side roll that she uses for getting everywhere and turning on a dime.
122, May 2
A tomato already! Hopefully this season is better than last year, when I neglected my garden and chose to lie on the couch instead.
Day 123, May 3
On our way to the park. In a pinch, this stroller can seat four. Makes me almost glad they are all so small.
Day 124, May 4
This one goes out to Marie. Baby under an exersaucer.
125, May 5
Joshua "helping" me pack for the Best Ranger Competition. He put about a fourth of a can of organic formula in one of his playdoh containers. Taking pictures instead of reacting right away helps dissipate the anger.


Day 126, May 6
Caleb blowing up the mattress while Joshua "helps." So thankful for the Wilds letting my family crash their palatial house in Fort Benning while we went to the Best Ranger Competition.
This evening fun was after a 10-hour day in the car driving down to Georgia with all four kids, by myself. And then getting them to sleep in a new place. It wasn't easy. But at least I didn't have to do what Kevin was about to do that weekend.


Day 127, May 7
First Day of the Best Ranger Competition in Fort Benning. This shot was after the machine gun range. Kevin is laying there on the ground. They'd walked over 20 miles that day already and it was really, really hot. The competition lost 10 teams (out of 40) the first day, which is not normal. The boys didn't really know what to think and honestly, neither did I. I was kind of afraid to bug Kevin, thinking he was probably "in the zone." And I didn't really know what to say. "Good job?" I didn't know how he was doing. The scoring for the competition is pretty opaque and I'm not good at being optimistically encouraging. So I smiled and was there, at every event from 6 a.m. (with the twins) at the starting line for the buddy run to 9 p.m. that night to watch them start the evening road march.
Day 128, May 8
This was after another long day in the sun. The second day of the Best Ranger Competition was all on one field so there wasn't all the driving around post trying to get to the next site before Kevin got there and finished the event. But the everyone was worn out. Who knows how Kevin kept going. My dad passed out on the lawn there because he was keeping an eye on Joshua, who had fallen asleep in their van. Caleb, Evelyn, and I were enjoying the shade, although I would have enjoyed a nap a lot more.
Evelyn is pretty good at sitting up now, but when she gets tired... she just topples over.
Day 129, May 9
The last day of the competition. We'd just watched Kevin and Josh helocast and then do the water confidence test and it was time for a picnic lunch. Caleb and Joshua spent a lot of time with my parents and my youngest sister, Katie. The three of them came down for the competition and to help me with the kids. I never would have been able to go to all of the events if they hadn't been there to help me. And the boys got some extra time in with some of their favorite people.
Day 130, May 10
On the drive back up to Tennessee. Gideon showing off his pearly whites. He got the top two over the weekend. And Evelyn has a pretty flush, due to a strange fever.
















You should invent an excersaucer for twins! What did you mom do to her leg to put her in a wheelchair?! Hope she's doing better! Poor, Mrs. Chandler...best Meeaw ever!
Another great set of pictures Kristen. I think my favorite one might be the one of Evelyn's little bum in the air. I hope that's not mean. :)
And I too was wondering about your mom's leg.