Day 100 through 117

I would apologize for being so far behind and for dumping this load of pictures on the blog, but I won't because, as you can see from the pictures, my life is pretty full. If something requires a bottom in the chair and two hands at the keyboard, that something doesn't get done very often. I'm usually doing everyday things like making food for little people, folding little clothes, or clearing the floor of choking hazards. But my day is also full of sweet moments like snuggling during storytime, managing the chaos of a toddler "watering" the tomatoes holding a baby koala (Gideon), or making my baby girl laugh by nuzzling her.
So here is the first of the catch-up posts. More to come in a couple of days. Kevin is away at training again, which is hard it's true, but his absence means I have a free hour in the evenings to do stuff like this when he's not around.

Day 100, April 10
Of all days to not get a picture! 100. Oh well. It was a full Saturday of marriage conference sessions then waterskiing on the lake. Plus my iPhone battery died. So no backup camera with me. Oh well. This pic was actually taken on Sunday (Day 101) and the boys enjoyed cartoons on the hotel tv both days.
Day 101, April 11
Evelyn's first swim! Check out the sneer on her face. She liked it pretty well until Kevin let her face get in the water. Then she was mad. She's so sweet until she gets upset. Boy, can this girl scream, but then she pops in her fingers and she's quiet again.
There was an indoor pool at the retreat center we were staying at and Caleb still wanted his floaties. They are coming off this summer, like it or not!
 Day 102, April 12
Oh Spring, you make me so happy. Having flowers that I don't have to buy is so wonderful. I love walking on the front path these days. (Also, when I was snapping this shot, Joshua said, "That's the one I peed on. Yeah, that flower.")

Day 103, April 13
Yep! That big ol' stroller fits through the door, which is great news after a run in the heat. It means the babes will stay asleep and I will get a chance to shower for once.
 Day 104, April 14
We took our lunch on the road and had a picnic at a park down the street. The entertainment was provided by a crew building a sidewalk. Joshua was enthralled and terrified by the heavy equipment and kept grabbing my arm. Caleb tried to say hi to the workers, who replied, "Hola!"
Day 105, April 15
Karen brought Popsicles to playgroup and we got some of the extras, much to Caleb's delight.
Day 106, April 16
The boys were "helping" me sow some dill seeds. I love dill, maybe my favorite herb. Hope these plants take. (Okay it's been a month since these were taken, and no, the plants didn't take. Only one little dill sprout has survived the boys' watering and my inattention. But we tried and had fun trying.)
Day 107, April 17
Bought a few herbs to bulk up my garden. Clockwise from bottom right: cilantro, basil, sage, thyme ( out of focus in back left), rosemary.
Day 108, April 18
Neighborhood SuperHero patrol on the lookout.
Day 109, April 19
I left them alone in the kitchen for 2 minutes with their oatmeal before adding the promised raisins. They took care of it themselves.
Day 110, April 20
Our good friends the Hadleys stopped by for an overnight visit and the boys were thrilled to finally have friends stay for a "sleepover." They watched he lawn crew for several minutes but Jessie (the cutie with maraca) was really upset about them mowing down the "flowers" (dandelions).
Day 111, April 121
Caleb, where is your asparagus? (No answer, just a raised-eyebrows- what-are-you-talking-about-Mom?-face.) Caleb, why is your asparagus in the blinds? (Kristen, why do you ask these questions? There is no rational answer to be had.)
Day 112, April 22
I don't know why Caleb's Dada Doll is here, but it makes me laugh.
Day 113, April 23
I told him not to get in the jumperoo. Did he listen? No. Did he get stuck? Yes. Will he do it again? Probably.
Day 114, April 24
 We didn't let a little rainstorm stop our afternoon walk.

Day 115, April 25
 Caleb put this 100 piece puzzle together (with help) and was very proud. He asked me to take a picture and I obliged. You can see Joshua beginning his morning-long siege on the puzzle that ultimately resulted in the puzzle's decimation.
Day 116, April 26
The sweetness of a sleeping baby girls face, nuzzled in my arm.
Day 117, April 27
My sister lives a short 4-hour-drive away and I haven't been able to visit her in a year. She's moving soon so I packed up the kids while Kevin was away at training and we headed to her house. The boys enjoyed a bubble bath with their cousin Knox.

Joshua wanted to help out by washing Knox's hair and for some reason Knox didn't mind.
Storytime with Uncle Russell.

Childress Family  – (May 22, 2010 at 12:31 PM)  

Vegetables in the blinds and a mini Kevin stuck in the toilet paper roll are about as Toth as you can get. Great stuff!

Claire  – (May 28, 2010 at 7:40 PM)  

fantastic photos! What beautiful and hilarious children! I LOVE the one of Evelyn in the pool!

Post a Comment