Chickens as elves


Just to prove that Kevin and I are not the only weird family in the world, here some photos I took for the Fine-Bradleys Christmas card. They keep three egg-laying chickens in their backyard and wanted to have the birds in their photo. Robin made little hats for Nuggett, Fritter, and Pot Pie. Caleb and Joshua ate a belly-full of bread while we tried to orchestrate the appearance of a natural-looking family by the fire. It was a bit of a production, but it was fun. And then it got a little crazy (see the picture progression below).

stella g.  – (December 10, 2008 at 3:32 PM)  

wow - you tackle them all! love the hats for the birds. only robin...

i bet you all had a lot of fun with this. i wish we still lived close so i could take full advantage of the gift that is in you!

JKHoward8  – (December 13, 2008 at 11:21 AM)  

I love the pics, Kristen...all of them and even though I haven't really joined the blogging world, i love to check yours out-for photography and running inspiration!:) I have been meaning to ask you for your advice on two things-
1. What kind of camera do you have or would you recommend? Ryan wants to buy one and we already have great point and shoot kinds, but we want a hard core one for great pics of Europe and our family...he's favoring the Nikon, but we wanted some expert advice. Along the same line, do you have any beginning photography books you recommend and do you think we need something like photoshop or could we get by with something less complicated? We have an apple iBook, so maybe there is an Apple program which is good? Any tips in this area would be appreciated!
2. Where do you get all your podcasts? Now that I am virtually unaware of all things stateside, I am craving a little news and fun info (NPR style)...I didn't know if there were any big data bases you used...
anyways, we miss you! i hope your Christmas season is going well! We are enjoying Europe and just visited the Rothenberg Christmas market today...yummy Gluhwein and schneeballen!
oh...since i don't have a blog, i guess you could email me or write on facebook...and no rush...whenever you have a chance!
thanks!

Anonymous –   – (December 14, 2008 at 4:14 AM)  

this is great! i can not wait to see y'alls christmas card this year...yours is always my favorite!

Post a Comment