New year, new baby on the potty

Joshua was 5 months old yesterday, which was my drop dead date for starting Joshua with my Infant Potty Training experiment. I started Caleb at 5 months, which was a good time because his schedule is pretty stable, and he can almost sit up by himself. I wanted to start Joshua at the same time, but I've been putting it off, worried that it might be too much to have both of them running (rolling) around nakey bottomed.

I waited until the end of the day, putting it off. But Joshua gave me a pleasant surprise and responded so well. As I said in the video, I fed him at 5:30 this evening, then let him go nakey bum to observe his peepee patterns. He went twice, each 10 minutes apart. I went and woke up Caleb from his deep sleep (he's got a nasty cold and was up most of the night, hence the late late nap), then after another 10 minutes had passed, we sat Joshua on the potty. As soon as I got him on there I gave the cue- psssss- and I couldn't believe it, he went! We missed the next one, but caught one more pee in the pot before bed time. So exciting, maybe it won't be that bad after all. Actually I think I'm just on a success-high from the amazement of actually catching some pee on our first try. I'm crazy, I know. But I'm telling you, it's pretty cool to see a tiny baby go in a potty.

Post a Comment