A new house to call home

Praise God, He provided us with a wonderful house! Kevin stopped in the housing office on post to ask if they could do anything for us, even though we were 8th on the wait list. The manager overheard Kevin talking to one of the employees and said that she had two houses he could look at. He drove over to the housing area and checked them out, but wasn't allowed to go inside. He liked the second one a lot, went back to the housing office and signed for it right then. He came back to the hotel room beaming, telling me that we had a house and that we could go check it out. Let me reiterate, he signed for the house without looking inside or talking to me. (In fairness, he tried to call, but my phone battery was dead, as always.)
The house is so great, though. It's on a quiet street, a corner lot with a nice yard, a fence for Hannah, a playground behind the house, plenty of storage and even a two car garage. The only other thing we could have asked for would be an in ground pool with room for Kevin and I to swim laps while Caleb perfects his triple flip backwards dive off of the board and Joshua takes a tan. So we're living on post and we should move in September 17. Praise God for his providence and grace.
We said goodbye to our hotelhome and will be staying with some hospitable friends until we move into the house.
I can't wait to send pictures. It's not the prettiest house on the block, but I'm excited to make it our home.
I'm a little scared too, though. Three years in one place. I haven't lived that long in a place since we lived in Germany when I was in middle school. It's hard when I meet people not to say, "Hi, I'm new here and looking for a new best friend. You look pretty cool, what's your relationship with Jesus like? Do you like to run? How about shopping? Will it weird you out that I potty train my babies pretty young and let my boys run around without pants on most of the time?" I'm praying to find a church home first, and maybe I'll be able to meet friends without this awkward interview I have in my head. Has anyone else felt like this in a new post? I feel this need to have community like we had in Schweinfurt when the guys deployed for OIF 2. It's not going to happen, I can't make everyone go to chapel, and there is no hospitality house. Everyone is spread to the congregational winds here. I'll end this post by saying that I'm learning to trust in the Lord all over again, this time trusting that he'll provide a new family of friends when Kevin leaves.

TW  – (September 9, 2007 at 3:47 PM)  

Transitioning is hard, but I think you will be fortunate to find friends with similarities to you quickly. I too miss Germany and our family of friends. Although I have not found that since, I have faith that you will.
Good look with the move and congratulations.

MSB  – (September 9, 2007 at 7:12 PM)  

I know what you mean... I miss our community from Germany so much... but, don't forget, you will always have all of us!

JStar  – (September 9, 2007 at 9:01 PM)  

I find myself moping when I think of how far away all my Germany friends are from me! I miss being a part of your daily life and having you be a part of mine, especially since we have kids now! I look forward to meeting up with you someday at some random post, and I know that you will find some new friends where you are. Congrats on the house!

Anonymous –   – (September 10, 2007 at 10:00 AM)  

so happy that God provided a house! what a blessing. can not wait to see pictures. will be praying for a community of friends.

the watson family  – (September 17, 2007 at 8:43 AM)  

Yeeaaa!!! God is sooo good!! I'm so happy for you guys! Learning to trust Him completely is such a hard, but soooo rewarding lesson! Don't worry! You're not alone! I feel like I do it again, and again and again--every morning when I wake up. He's patient with me, though, and I promise He'll be patient with you, too, Krissy! I miss you, Friend! Glad all is well! Come visit anytime, and Caleb and Joshua are allowed, too. They'll have plenty of friends here--it's a baby farm here! :)

Unknown  – (September 17, 2007 at 9:09 AM)  

Thanks for sharing your blog with us. Everytime I'm with you I'm amazed at your level of trust in God...and your verbal testimony of life being ok because of Him. I find myself being so discontent right now with the move (although I've been here for 2 months) b/c it just doesn't feel as good as before. I question daily whether not living on post was a mistake, when will Ellie meet kids in the neighborhood, how am I going to have a baby w/o Riley around, etc. In a sick way, I find it reasurring that other great Christian women go through similar emotions. Anyhow, looking forward to growing with you during these next 3 years!

Kimmy Hadley  – (September 20, 2007 at 6:42 PM)  

I'm a little slow, but I finally logged on - great pictures! It's good to hear all the details - I really miss you guys everytime I drive past your old street, so that's about every morning! It's good to hear you praise God for all those things we can all take for granted. I'm sure he's going to bless you with a family of friends there, too. In the meantime, you still have us, and we LOVE your pantless, potty-trained babies, your relentless running habits, and, yes, even your crazy dog (Hannah, you can still come visit anytime!)

Post a Comment